UK Business Development Manager
NMC surfacing is an independent surfacing and civil engineering contractor that provides nationwide coverage for some of the leading blue-chip companies, including Tesco, Asda, McArthurGlen and BT to name but a few, from our network of regional offices.
Our clients rely upon our specialist knowledge and a flexible approach to support and deliver their project objectives. We have established long-term partnerships that are based on trust and understanding.
Our business is continually growing and because of this growth, we have a further opening for a Business Development Manager, based for up to 40% of the week from our Doncaster office and the remainder with regional travel. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and able to generate new business from new/existing clients and building customer relationships.
You will have a proven track record in the following:
- Conducting industry-specific research in-line with the business strategy and NMC Brand.
- Identifying opportunities and producing leads.
- Ability to work on own initiative and follow opportunities to turn them into new business.
- Experience in managing specific customer accounts and increasing profitability as well as maintaining customer relationships.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analysing sales options.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proven track record of sales achievement and building client relationships.
- Tenacity to drive sales, negotiate and successfully close deals.
- The ideal candidate will have a positive can-do attitude, with the ability to identify prime opportunities and generate leads that deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence and persuade as necessary.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Experience of working within frameworks with Blue-chip companies.
This is an exciting opportunity to join NMC Surfacing, in return for the right candidate we offer a competitive salary and annual holiday package, car, private medical insurance and company bonus scheme.
If you feel that you have the right skills and knowledge, please send a copy of your current CV and qualifications, along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org