NMC surfacing is an independent surfacing and civil engineering contractor that provides nationwide coverage for some of the leading blue-chip companies, including Tesco, Asda, McArthurGlen and BT to name but a few, from our network of regional offices.
Our clients rely upon our specialist knowledge and a flexible approach to support and deliver their project objectives. We have established long-term partnerships that are based on trust and understanding.
Effectively manage projects to ensure completion within budgets, time and profit margins. You will effectively motivate, support and manage the site based management teams & ensure each development achieves the desired health, safety and environmental performance standards. You will lead the area team to achieve program and quality requirements & promote effective customer relationships all site based teams
- Liaison with Estimating Department to ensure full understanding of the allocated project details and Client brief for project delivery
- Scheduling work and allocating resources, quality control and completion according to the schedule and client brief
- Review with estimator’s project scoping and costing and any adjustments required
- Progress reporting and end of project reviews and completion certificates as necessary
- Develop and evolve good client, supplier and staff relationships
- Team management of tradesmen and sub-contractors across a project and ensuring quality and timeliness of their works, as well as own schedule of work.
- You will oversee performance, financial control, customer service and HSQE whilst still ensuring the highest standards on site
- Facilitate and assist with the Coordinators regarding the procurement of plant, labour and materials for each project
- Accountable for ensuring that a high level of HSQE is adhered to that matches the policies and procedures of NMC and its clients
- Comply with Safety Inspectors or Investigators requests
- Ensures the BMS is adhered to and drives responsibility and accountability to the site teams and further develop the site teams to fully utilize and understand the BMS
- Actual V’s budget of cost, margins, and materials
- Daily and weekly progress reports recording variance V’s plan
- Reduction in site waste
- Fully close out NCR’s and managing dispute resolution to closure
- Reduction in remedials
- Customer satisfaction at project sign off
- HSQE audit compliance
- P&L reporting
- Fully manage plant and equipment to project budget
- Full utilization of labour and resources in line with project budget
- Experience of managing multiple remote teams and clients at the same time
- A strong health, safety and quality background
- professional, tenacious, a self-starter
- The ability to successfully plan a schedule of works inline with client requirements and WTR’s
- Experience in construction, Surfacing or small civils
- Ability to work within financial constraints and take responsibility for each project P&L
- You will be a strong motivator and people manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join NMC Surfacing, in return for the right candidate we offer a competitive salary and annual holiday package, car, private medical insurance and company bonus scheme.
If you feel that you have the right skills and knowledge, please send a copy of your current CV and qualifications, along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org