Consideration is given to flexible working or Part Time. This is a temporary role for circa 3/6 months.
NMC surfacing is an independent surfacing and civil engineering contractor that provides nationwide coverage for some of the leading blue-chip companies, including Tesco, Asda, McArthurGlen and BT to name but a few, from our network of regional offices.
Our clients rely upon our specialist knowledge and a flexible approach to support and deliver their project objectives. We have established long-term partnerships that are based on trust and understanding.
- Assisting the HR Manager with general HR matters including providing advice relating to employee performance, conduct and absence management.
- Providing confidential ad hoc advice to NMC group employees
- Administration, coordination and support for all recruitment activities
- Managing and maintaining personnel files so they are audit ready at all times
- Assisting in discipline and grievance investigations
- Support in the induction of new employees
- Support any internal training programs including but not limited to, PDR/Appraisal, discipline and grievance and NMC Policies & way of working
- Developing and managing employee-related programs such as work experience, apprentice schemes and internships
- Providing administrative support in all employee benefit schemes
- Completing monthly and annual HR reports on key HR metrics including attendance, recruitment and retention
- Support the operational team and measuring working hours to demonstrate compliance in WTRs
- Administration of the company occupational health & D&A screening
- Support the SHEQ Advisor in the roll out of the business management system, driving accountability and responsibility
- Any other duties as reasonably assigned
- Experienced HR generalist to include recruitment, development and appraisal systems
- Experience of working across different departments at all levels
- Proven track record in driving recruitment and retention
- Ability to manage multiple work streams as necessary
|· Microsoft Office||· The ability to work on own initiative|
|· Understanding of employment law and legislation||· Have a bias for action|
|· Performance driven||· Easily able to prioritize and organize workload|
|· Ability to work as part of a team||· Experience of handling difficult situations|
Critical-to-Quality (CTQs) Person Specification – For selection, interview and testing
(The experience, qualifications, knowledge and skills needed by the job holder to achieve the job responsibilities.)
|Necessary, must-have role related knowledge, skills and experience at selection: No more than four|
|1. A recognized HR qualification CIPD – Level 5 (preferable)|
|2. Experience, preferably in FMCG or construction (preferable)|
|3. Experienced in supporting culture change programs (preferable)|
|4. Up to date employment law knowledge (essential)|
Offering an appealing package including a competitive salary with 25 annual leave days plus statutory bank holidays and the opportunity for further development and career growth.
If you feel that you have the right skills and knowledge, please send a copy of your current CV and qualifications, along with your salary expectations to email@example.com